Wednesday 3 October 2012

Cravings are Really Not There Lately

Not sure what to write about because I'm feeling great!  I don't crave booze anymore like I use to on a daily basis.  Thank God!  That was tough.   I don't want to say that today is Day 3 because I was there once before.  I don't want to lose all the sober, hard working days that I've accomplished since July 16th!  I don't really feel like I'm starting over either because I've come such a long way, not only in my body but my mind has changed.  I think differently and feel different.

I think that I'm not craving alcohol as much anymore because I have developed some new routines when coming home from work.  That was my worst time.  I used to think about booze from 1PM on and looked forward to a nice cold beer to unwind from my hectic days.  Now, I come home and probably do the same things I did when I was drinking but it feels different now.  I feel much more organized and feel like my home is more organized and neat.  I hate clutter so feel like I'm able to keep up with the housework.  I love that I'm not always exhausted by 6PM.  I have energy to do kids' homework, baths, walks, sell chocolate bars with kids for fundraising, hockey, basketball, gymnastics....and blog!  lol

I registered for a half-marathon next weekend.  Yikes!  I think I'm ready.

I'm going to a family wedding this Thanksgiving weekend. Double Yikes!  Dancing and booze all around me.  I know that I'll be okay.  I won't drink because I don't want to.  I want to dance my face off though.  I'm actually looking forward to being at a dance without alcohol in hand.

God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. happy thanksgiving : ) i will picture you dancing and enjoying yourself with a glass of soda water and lime... and on sunday morning you can get up, feel thankful, and go for a big long run! (while everyone else is still hungover till 2 pm...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all just amazing isn't it? All the wonderful thinking, doing, feeling that comes from not drinking. Even the hard stuff is better because there is growth at the end not regret.

    Have fun dancing the night away!

    ReplyDelete